*nat
Yesterday was seriously GOOD.
Professor Machinist came up to me after I handed in my paper and said "natalie, I commend you, I like your attitude towards being so courageous --- venturing out to take up classes which you had NO prior knowledge of, I wish I wasn't fearful as an undergraduate"
THAT, made my day. i'm REALLY motivated and psyched to better understand Athens vs Jeruselem now. Truth to be told, I've been constantly feeling really intimidated in class/section just because people around me seem to be REALLY brilliant. They know stuff out of the designated readings, they can literally cite topics and chapters in various literary works without battling an eyelid! Then they talk about how they've been studying about greek cultures and the various milestones in history "all their lives" and I always question myself, how on earth am I supposed to match up to that???
But now, I'm not that fearful anymore. I'm fighting against MYSELF, as long as I improve and learn, that would be meaningful and beneficial. I love learning about cultures. Back home, I never ventured into the arts due to the strong emphasis placed on the math and sciences. The typical "oh, if you're good in math/science you must be really smart" But no, i'm not going to adhere to that stereotype anymore; in fact after the TV luncheon today, I spoke to Sandra and she inspired me to venture into the arts and literary scene.
Uni of London Science Fac is seriously awesome.
I met so many distinguished authors today and had VERY insightful conversations. It's really amazing how much you can learn from the myraid of experiences that other people have accumulated over the years of their lives. Best thing is, you can even learn just by conversing with them --- that is if you express genuine sincerity and interest. I have an affinity for people. I love and admire people with zest, optimism, inhibited ambitions.
The world is full of boundless opportunities waiting for us, PEOPLE to tap on them.I'm dead, I've pushed myself and now its time to sleep.
I love u people :)
